Thursday, February 25, 2010

JUST ENJOY


RATINGS.

That's one of the top reasons why there are so many TV shows that ends in just (more or less) 3 months upon aired. Remember the shows like ROUNIN (ABS-CBN), PALOS (ABS-CBN) and etc. These are just example of non-rating shows of the Kapamilya network. Why? I think we have to train more writers when it comes to originality of stories, and if they want to top some shows, I think the best answer is to make an alternatives. Kind of a show that is not the same with that of your rival or vice versa, with this I'm sure that show will emerge, just like this new show SHOWTIME (ABS-CBN). They created a program where in very much far from it's rival SIS (GMA7) that for about 5 years (or more) it always emerge as no.1 morning show (at least before noontime).

Well, since I'm talking about RATINGS, recently ASAP XV (ABS-CBN) is topping the sopt for no.1 concert TV in the country for almost consecutive surveys, and this alarms GMA7's program manager for SOP.

I have no problem with SOP, to be honest I prefer to watch it than ASAP, but I think we all have individual differences that what might good to me is bad for you, or vice versa.

But ratings killed this concert TV of Kapuso network, a reason for it to have it's curtain call or final episode on February 28, 2010.

I agree with Regine Velasquez - one of the main hosts of the show, saying that they forgot to enjoy the show but thought of ratings.

So that would be a lesson not only to SOP, but to all of the shows. Ratings might be sacred, but most important is to just have fun and enjoy it.

No comments: